Every term, HEC Montréal offers a number of differential tuition fee exemptions to international students registered in the MSc program. These exemptions lower the tuition fees to the level of those paid by students from Quebec. International students are eligible for this exemption and to its renewal during their first two (2) semesters of study. It could be renewed for the third semester, depending on available resources. This exemption is not automatically renewed. The candidate must apply each term.
Scholarship awarded by
Awarded upon admission to a program of study, these scholarships help recruit students with distinguished academic achievements and/or an impressive record of social, community, athletic or artistic involvement.
Dates and amounts
Term Summer 2018
From April 3 to May 6, 2018
Term Fall 2018
From August 21 to September 10, 2018
Term Winter 2019
From December 17, 2018 to January 21, 2019
Applicants meeting the following conditions are eligible for this scholarship.
Student status in Canada
Field of study
|Study program||Specializations||Min nb of credits completed||Max nb of credits completed||Recommended GPA|
|M. Sc.||All||N / A||N / A||N / A|
Special eligibility requirements
- Be registered to the program when application is submitted
- Have a student file in good standing at the Office of the registrar (study permit, CAQ, etc.)
- Be subject to the differential tuition fee
- Have unsuccessfully applied for a differential tuition fee exemption to one's country of citizenship, or come from a country for which there is no bilateral agreement with Québec.
The following criterias will be used to evaluate application files :
- Academic excellence: 60%
- Progression in the program of study: 40%
How to submit your application
Application must include
- Differential Tuition Fee Exemption Online Form
- Any document certifying that you have applied without success for a differential tuition fee exemption to your country of citizenship when possible (email copy, letter of refusal, etc.)
- Copy of the Study permit
If the application is not submitted as required, it will be considered incomplete and could be rejected without notice.
- Students enrolled to the supervised project during the term in which the scholarship will be awarded must make sure their supervised project has been approved and submit the Approval for a credited supervised project with their application file.
- Due to the short delay between the application deadline, the Withdrawal with refund deadline, and the Final payment due date, to avoid any late fee you have to pay at least the equivalent of the regular tuition fees and other fees on September 13, 2018. The differential tuition fee could be paid within the next 10 following working days that the decision is communicated without penalty, if you do not obtain an exemption.
For more information
Share this page