Scholarship awarded to student intending to do research-oriented studies at the M. Sc. Program* and who have completed their undergraduate studies with a first-class average (3.7/4.3 ou 3.55/4) for each of the last two years. The objective of the Canada Graduate Scholarships-Master's (CGS M) Program is to help develop research skills and assist in the training of highly qualified personnel by supporting students who demonstrate a high standard of achievement in undergraduate and early graduate studies. Which one of the Federal Granting Agency should I select : SSHRC, NSERC or CIHR ?
Scholarship awarded by
Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada
These scholarships are designed to help students finance their research internships or their thesis or dissertation project.
Dates and amounts
Application period ended
Term Fall 2018
9 scholarship(s) of $17,500.00
Until December 1, 2018
Applicants meeting the following conditions are eligible for this scholarship.
Student status in Canada
Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident
Field of study
|Study program||Specializations||Min nb of credits completed||Max nb of credits completed||Minimum recommended GPA|
|M. Sc.||Hum. Res. management, Finance, Marketing, Prod. & Ops Management, Accounting, Applied Economics, Strategy, Management, Organization Studies, Organizational Development, International business, Technologies de l'information||N / A||N / A||3.7|
The following criteria will be used to evaluate application files:
- Evaluation criteria are determined externally to HEC Montreal: 100%
How to submit your application
Application must include
- Consult the organization's website for a list of documents to be provided.
- Guide for Completing an Application for the CGS M Program - MSc
- Assistez à la séance d'information du 24 août 2011 pour plus d'information.
If the application is not submitted as required, it will be considered incomplete and could be rejected without notice.
- Candidates must have completed at least 12 months in the program by the end of the competition year. - Candidates planning to start their M.Sc. during the following year (winter and fall) are eligible. - Candidates must be enrolled or plan on earning their first master's degree. * students enrolled to the supervised project stream are eligible, but they must switch to the thesis stream once the scholarship is awarded.
For more information
Share this page