Scholarships awarded to students intending to register at the master's level (thesis stream) in a related field to applied science and who have a first-class average for each of the last two years of studies (3.7/4.3 ou 3.55/4). The objective of the Canada Graduate Scholarships-Master's (CGS M) Program is to help develop research skills and assist in the training of highly qualified personnel by supporting students who demonstrate a high standard of achievement in undergraduate and early graduate studies. Which Federal Granting Agency to select : SSHRC, NSERC or CIHR ?
Scholarship awarded by
Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada
These scholarships are designed to help students finance their research internships or their thesis or dissertation project.
Dates and amounts
Term Fall 2019
Scholarship(s) of $17,500.00
Until December 2, 2019
Applicants meeting the following conditions are eligible for this scholarship.
Student status in Canada
Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident
Field of study
|Study program||Specializations||Min nb of credits completed||Max nb of credits completed||Minimum recommended GPA|
|M. Sc.||All||N / A||N / A||3.7|
Special eligibility requirements
- See the organization's website for all the details regarding the eligibility criteria.
The following criterion will be used to evaluate application files:
- Academic excellence: 50%
- Research potential of the candidate: 30%
- Skills and experiences: 20%
How to submit your application
Application must include
- Consult the organization's website for a list of documents to be provided.
- Guide for Completing an Application for the CGS M Program - MSc
- Presentation of the information session on granting agency scholarships - Master's level
If the application is not submitted as required, it will be considered incomplete and could be rejected without notice.
- Candidates must have completed at least 12 months in the program by the end of the competition year. - Candidates planning to start their M.Sc. during the following year (winter and fall) are eligible. - Candidates must be enrolled or plan on earning their first master's degree. * students enrolled to the supervised project stream are eligible, but they must switch to the thesis stream once the scholarship is awarded.
For more information
Share this page