This scholarship program is designed to encourage student mobility through unpaid or low-paid study experiences (master thesis and supervised project). The scholarship is $ 375 per week for a maximum of $ 2,500. The amount of the scholarship is adjusted according to the duration of the stay and the destination. However, the amount offered will be reduced by $ 500 if the candidate receives a Campus Abroad Scholarship.
Scholarship awarded by
Subvention du gouvernement
These scholarships are available to help students making a trip abroad during the course of their studies.
Dates and amounts
Application period ended
Term Winter 2019
From February 25 to March 21, 2019
Applicants meeting the following conditions are eligible for this scholarship.
Student status in Canada
Field of study
|Study program||Specializations||Min nb of credits completed||Max nb of credits completed||Minimum recommended GPA|
Special eligibility requirements
- Have completed 12 credits in the MSc Program
- Be registered to the program when application is submitted
- Has a good university record
- Present a satisfactory progression in the study program
- Not be awarded a research grant of a granting agency (SSHRC, NSERC, FRQSC, IFM2, etc.).
- Hold a maximum of two times this scholarship during a master's program
- Priority given to students who do not have the nationality of the country of destination.
- The project has not already been completely subsidized or supported by a bursary
The following criterion will be used to evaluate application files:
- Importance of the stay for the realization of the research project.: 40%
- Project planning and implementation: 20%
- Academic excellence: 20%
- Project relevance and coherence: 20%
How to submit your application
Application must include
- International Mobility Scholarship Form
- All documents listed on the application form.
If the application is not submitted as required, it will be considered incomplete and could be rejected without notice.
A budget detailing the cost of the stay (airfare, visas, living expenses, registration for specific activities, etc.) and the sources of funding that the student intends to obtain to carry out his / her project must be attached to the form. This document must be attached in PDF format. Payment of the scholarship will be made at the beginning of the semester during which the student performs his project abroad. To receive the payment, the student must provide a confirmation email from the partner organization or proof of the duration of the stay, as well as proof of registration of his supervised project or his master thesis (if necessary). Other conditions: 1. The project must be carried outside Québec. For international students, the project can not be carried out in their country of citizenship, except in exceptional circumstances. 2. The duration of the stay abroad must not exceed 8 months. 3. The project must have been approved by the supervisor. 4. The student shall not receive any remuneration or financial assistance in connection with a study leave or a deferred salary leave from his employer. 5. The stay must begin during the semester of the application or the following term. 6. The student must be registered during the semester of the application and for the duration of his stay.
For more information
Share this page